WAIT WHAT U CAN REGROW GREEN ONIONS I’m such a fuckin idiot i should have known
Some eaiser variations of push ups to help you build the strength to do a traditional one!
I don’t generally reblog ‘fitness’ stuff but gaddamn could I use some more arm strength.
Push-ups are my worst nightmare. I can only do 44 before I pass out on the floor.
"I can only do 44" hahaha omg I can’t even do one.
Hoping to do sunrise yoga in the morning (inside because its fucking freezing) followed by some zumba if I can dance without sheila bugging me
And here we have the graceful cave chicken in its natural habitat. As you can see, the protection and care of its young are top priority.
ATTENTION ALL GIRLS: We ALL know that the lower stomach is one of the very hardest places to burn fat and tone.
These are some terrific exercises to do in the morning and at night to burn those hard to tone areas!
Do this every morning when you wake up, and every night before you sleep. I guarantee you’ll see results in a week flat!
FITNESS YOUTUBE CHANNELS
There are literally thousands of fitness videos on youtube, but how do you find the right ones? Sometimes if you just type in “ab workout”, you can get some…pretty strange results. So, if you’d like some trusty channels to subscribe to for workout videos, nutrition and wellness information, and more, check out the following!
For Fitness and Nutrition Tips:
- 123 Be Healthy
- American Council on Exercise
- Funeral For My Fat
- The Lean Machines
- Lean Secrets
- Michael Kory Fitness
- Nicole M. Wilkins
- Omar Isuf
- PopSugar Fitness
- Precise Nutrition
- SarahFit TV
- Scott Herman Fitness
- Tara Stiles
- Zumba Fitness
- Amanda Russell
- Bootcamp: MC
- eHow Fitness
- Fitness Blender
- Gym Virtual
- Livestrong Woman
- RidgeLine Fitness
- Tone It Up
»These are just my personal favorites. Feel free to add more of your own!
welp. this is getting tagged in the masterlist.
This will definitely come in handy soon!
For high protetin recipes also check out dhftns :]
The Healthy Starter Kit : Reduce Waste and Save Money
1. Three Different Kinds of Vegetables- It’s easy to buy tons and tons of vegetables when you are starting out a healthy lifestyle, but we forget how fast they go bad. If you don’t eat them fast enough you will find yourself throwing too many out each week and wasting a lot of your money. Changing to a healthy diet takes some adjusting too when it comes to the flavor or vegetables. Buy three types of vegetables each week and learn to create a taste for them. If you have no problem eating them before they go bad then feel free to add more to the list each week. Make sure to get lots of green vegetables and avoid buying too many of the starchy ones. If three is too much then you aren’t incorporating enough vegetables in your meals. Start adding them to: your morning omelet, your lunch sandwiches, your cottage cheese or your dinner rice. Vegetables are important when starting a healthy diet because they keep you full and feed your body with nutrients.
2. Two Grab N Go Fruits and Two In Container Fruits- Fruits are perfect for a healthy new lifestyle. Fruits keep you full, give you fiber and cure the sweet tooth. Fruit is very similar to vegetables when it comes to how long they last. Try not to buy too many fruits until you get an idea of how many you go through per week. Taking notes of your eating habits on your previous grocery list will help you save money and shop accordingly next trip. Choose two grab n go fruits like apples or peaches for the days you are busy and don’t have time to sit down and have a bowl of the container fruits like diced pineapple or watermelon. Container fruits are perfect for adding to your yogurt to fill you up more.
3. Greek Yogurt/Cottage Cheese- I always keep a container of 1% cottage cheese and plain fat free cottage cheese in the house each week. I use these two grocery items more than any other. I add Greek yogurt to my meals as a sour cream replacement, dipping sauce for fruits and vegetables, for baking substitutes and a late night snack. I use cottage cheese for dressings, late night snacks, in my omelets and on my fruits or vegetables. Greek yogurt and cottage cheese are a great source of calcium and protein.
4. Two Kinds of Lean Protein- You want to make sure to have a nice lean protein as a meal choice but it may get boring eating the same chicken dish each night so try to get two kinds like chicken and salmon or shrimp and turkey. Make sure you proteins work well with the vegetables you have chosen as well. To save money you can buy your protein portioned from the counter instead of the freezer sections. Don’t buy more than you can eat in a week. Avoid fatty red meats or breaded protein.
5. Lettuce and Dressing- Choose your favorite type of lettuce and a low calorie dressing. Eating a small salad before your meals can prevent you from overeating and provide your body with fiber. Each week try to choose a different lettuce and dressing to create new taste and avoid getting sick of the same old salads. Getting used to salads is hard after eating an unhealthy diet so start smal and have little ones as much as you can. Eventually you will grow to love them and start making them larger for meals.
6. Air Popped Popcorn - Air Popped popcorn is very important to keep in the house for the nights when snacking is endless. Sometimes I want to eat for no reason at all so I pop some air popped popcorn and season it a little. The fiber fills me up fast and the lack of sugar and fat will help you fall asleep easier than eating a tub of ice cream or a bag of potato chips. Buying microwave bagged popcorn is okay if you are only eating one cup, but who stops at one cup? Air Popped Popcorn allows you to have control over what is added and how much you pop. You can make it sweet by adding a little truvia or savory with a little garlic powder.
7. Whole Grain Bread/Brown Rice- Brown rice is the perfect go to carb for dinner. It’s healthy and goes perfectly with protein and vegetables, as long as you are eating it in moderation. You can flavor it up with seasonings or add it to a stir fry. Whole Grain Bread is great to keep in the house, but only allow yourself 2 slices per day. Choose it for one of your meals whether its a sandwich for lunch, toast for breakfast or grilled cheese for dinner. You don’t want to eat too many grains but you also don’t want to eat too few, so find the perfect balance.
8. Low Calorie Portioned Desserts- It’s important to buy desserts that are packaged in single proportions, that way you are aware of how much you are indulging in. It’s easy to take the tub of ice cream out of the fridge and eat until you’re full ,but what if that’s half the tub and you don’t notice till you are finished? That could be over 5 servings and over 800 calories after dinner which is not a healthy habit. Buying single servings is a perfect treat after dinner, as long as you don’t find yourself going back for more. If you don’t treat yourself with a small dessert everyday it could lead to a binge caused from depriving yourself. I like to buy the weight watcher ice cream bars or skinny cow.
9. One Type Reduced Calorie Cheese- Cheese seems healthy but is surprisingly high in fat, sodium and cholesterol. Try to limit your cheese intake to 2 servings per day. Eat some on your salad or with your lunch sandwich but don’t eat cheese by itself. Finding cheese made from skim milk is also a bonus because its much lower in fat but still high in sodium. If you are making a pizza sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese instead of handfuls.
10. Raw Almonds/Natural Peanut Butter- Nuts are great for you because of their healthy fats and protein. I don’t eat almonds or peanut butter unless I need a post/pre work out snack. Nuts provide your body with great energy because of the amount of calories. It’s easy to eat over 500 calories with a simple handful so make sure to portion out any nut products. Buying natural peanut butter should also be a priority because of the added sugar in unnatural brands. Don’t eat peanut butter or almonds buy themselves or you might find yourself going back for more. Spread some on your toast or add them to fruit or celery.
11. Salsa/Fat Free Cream Cheese- These are perfect for adding to your meals or flavoring up your vegetables. Instead of eating a bag of chips and salsa, eat baked bell peppers and salsa or celery and salsa. Instead of adding butter to your toast, add fat free cream cheese. The great thing about the cream cheese is that you can make it sweet or savory.
12. Two Types Low Sodium Seasoning - Food would be pretty bland without seasoning. Choose a seasoning that you can use for almost any of your grocery items. Find a seasoning that works great with your protein, vegetables, popcorn or rice. Each week try to pick up 2 more seasonings and soon your kitchen will be stocked up without making a large bank dent. Choosing low sodium can be hard but it’s important to watch out for the high amounts. It’s dangerous for your health and bloats the heck out of you!
13. Whole Grain Oatmeal - Oatmeal is the perfect morning meal you can prepare it in so many different ways that it never gets boring. It gives you fiber and energy. Oatmeal is a great budget friendly grocery item because it last for several weeks if you eat the correct proportion amount. You can bake with oatmeal too! Make sure to buy the no sugar added in the tub size to save money and to avoid a sugary breakfast.
14. Truvia/Stevia - The natural sweetener. I use this in my coffee, tea, on my popcorn and when I’m baking. It’s the perfect way to avoid unnecessary calories and sugar highs. Too much sugar in your diet can damage your health and waistline.
15. Olive Oil/ Natural Honey - Olive oil is what I bake with to feed my body healthy fats and avoid unhealthy fats from butter or vegetable oil. Natural honey is also a great way to flavor your proteins or fruits. It’s important to make sure you buy a natural brand of honey that doesn’t have any extra added sugar. I like to add honey to my fruits, cottage cheese or salmon.
16. Low Sodium Soup- Soup is perfect before meals to help you stay full and prevent overeating. Stick to vegetable based soups because they are typically lower in sodium. Natural and Organic brands are also typically lower in sodium. I love soup during the fall and winter when I need a warm meal to keep me.
17. Hot Tea/Coffee- Warm beverages are also important when trying to control your hunger and to keep you from snacking after meals. Hot tea also helps you digest your food if you eat it during and after your meals. I like to drink coffee during breakfast and tea through out the day. I add a little honey or Truvia. Each week try to buy a new flavor of tea or coffee so you don’t get burnt out on the drink. In the summer brewing your own tea out in the sun is also a great idea or a refreshing beverage! Don’t forget to drink 8oz of water for ever 8oz of tea or coffee you drink.
18. Organic Cage-Free Eggs- Eggs are perfect for protein and baking. I love boiling the eggs for salads, eating omelets for breakfast or using egg whites for baking. Eggs can help with baking vegetables or adding a glaze to your grilled proteins.
(ONLY THE PICTURE WILL APPEAR ON YOUR BLOG)
apple stuffed french toast
baby step buns
dairy and gluten free pancakes
double whole grain pancakes
eggie veggie bake
egg white crepes
egg white veggie omelet
fluffy canadian pancakes
ginger bread oatmeal
gluten free banana bread pancakes
gluten free coconut pancakes
turkey breakfast sausage
vegan and gluten free peach crisp
vegan banana oatmeal waffles
whole grain pancakes
asian chicken salad
baked zucchini fries
bbq tuna fritters
crispy eggplant with spicy tomato sauce
grilled fish tacos
hawaian chicken kabobs
skinny tuna melt
sweet potato chips
vegetarian sloppy joes
whole wheat and honey pizza crust
baked basil zucchini
baked macaroni and cheese
baked turkey burgers
bbq lime and mango turkey
bbq rosemary sweet potato
black bean veggie burgers
chicken, avocado salad
citrus grilled chicken
garlic and lime shrimp
garlic and parmesan turkey meatballs
garlic and rosemary chicken
moroccan apricot chicken tenders
mushroom pizza with caramalised onions
oven fried eggplant
pecan crusted dover sole
pineapple pork kebobs
pork fried rice
roasted rosemary root vegetables
seasoned potato wedges
slow cooker meatloaf
slow cooker pineapple chicken verde
slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches
slow cooker rosemary chicken
slow cooker two bean chicken
thai spiced bbq shrimp
tuna stuffed zucchini
banana almond and chocolate ice cream
banana berry soft serve
banana split cheesecake bites
blueberry-pomegranate ice lollies
chocolate hazelnut ice cream
creamy baked pears
grilled peaches with gingersnaps
no bake peanut butter nuggets
nutella fudge pops
peanut butter and chocolate ice cream
raw carrot cake
raw tropical ice cream
roasted maple papaya
sweet potato pie
vanilla ice cream
vegan and gluten free, peanut butter, caramel cheesecake
88 healthy snacks under 100kcal
apples peanut butter slices
chocolate chip balls
chocolate chip cookies
cinnamon fruit kebobs
frozen banana bites
frozen fruit pops
frozen yogurt blackberries
frozen yogurt strawberries
fruity fun skewers
no bake healthy protein bars
peanut butter cups
pizza roll ups
roasted chick peas
skinny coconut cupcakes
strawberry and mango fruit roll up
berry watermelon smoothie
blueberry banana smoothie
blueberry coconut water frosty
chocolate cranberry smoothie
coconut hot chocolate
cranberry and banana smoothie
fresh orange juice smoothie
grapefruit pink smoothie
green lemon and pineapple smoothie
green tea mango smoothie
healthy vegan breakfast smoothie
mocha coconut frappuccino
mocha madness recovery shake
peanut butter, banana green smoothie
strawberry, blueberry smoothie
strawberry lemonade frosty
strawberry shortcake smoothie
sweet pomegranate smoothie
sweet potato hot cocoa
tasty fruit smoothie
vegan almond butter banana shake
vegan cashew ripple strawberry shake
vegan chamomile banana shake
vegan chocolate raspberry smoothie
vegan chocolate s’mores shake
vegan chocolate, strawberry, banana shake
vegan double chocolate chip shake
vegan peaches and cream smoothie
vegan peachy hemp protein smoothie
vegan secret ingredient matcha shake
vegan secret ingredient vanilla shake
vegan wild blueberry shake
virgin peachy lychee daiquiri
whipped strawberry lemonade
chocolate peanut butter
fig jam with lavender, thyme and walnuts
peanut butter fruit dip
GREAT HEALTHY FOOD BLOGS:
displayed by calories
Expanding your comfort zone does wonders.
Getting healthier takes time and staying motivated can be a big hurdle so I hope some of these projects help! They’re designed to inspire you to change up your routine, remember how far you’ve come and give you that extra push you need on the hardest days. This should never feel like a punishment, getting fit should be something that makes you happy so fill your days with foods you love, fitness you enjoy and rewards that make you smile!
For more motivational ideas, projects and tips go here! :)
Kimberly Snyders *Glowing Green Smoothie*, in one delicious drink, you get the fuel to not only lose weight, but rejuvenate your skin, fight aging, and increase your energy. It’s so easy; it’s so simple. Has anyone tried it?
I’ve made myself a little exercise plan that i’m going to print out and stick on my wall :)
Hopefully it can help someone else too :D
It’s actually quite easy so i think i need to up the ante. Although adding dumbbells through out helps.
Low- and no-impact workouts are great for plus-sized people, people with joint problems, or people who simply can’t do high-impact workouts. This workout works your entire body without straining your joints!
And dope for those living in small dorms or apartments with downstairs neighbors (no jumping). Don’t recognize the workout? YouTube is an awesome resource to teach you proper form!
okay so i’ve decided to jump on the give away bandwagon and make one of my own so lets see what ya’ll can win
20 of you will win two handmade homestuck themed kandi bracelets that you get to choose from a huge selection of designs, and four of you will not only win the bracelets but i will also do a bleach design shirt with any homestuck symbol you want!
okay so here are the rules:
- you dont have to be following me but i’d appreciate it if you did? i dont really care about that to be honest i just want to thank you guys
-you have to be willing to give me your address so i can mail this to you
-like/reblog i dont care do what you gotta do to get notes
-the giveaway ends august 12th
i’ll be using random.org to decide who wins so yeah good luck!